What is Security+?
CompTIA Security+ is a globally trusted, vendor-neutral certification that demonstrates competency in network security, compliance and operational security, threats and vulnerabilities,
application, data and host security, access control and identity management, as well as cryptography.
Is Security+ Certification right for me?
As a benchmark for best practices in IT security,
the Security+ certification covers the essential principles for
network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
What is the format of the Security+ exam?
The current Security+ SYO-401 exam is a mix of 90 multiple choice and performance-based questions. You have 90 minutes to complete this exam,
with a passing score of 750 (on a scale of 100-900).
What is the average salary for someone with Security+ ?
Certified IT professionals will remain in high
demand from private sector & U.S. government cybersecurity teams. According to the
Bureau of Labor Statistics, Security Specialists, Administrators and Managers earn over $86,000 per year.
Is Security+ a recognized certification?
CompTIA Security+ is a globally recognized credential that meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It is compliant with
government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
How long is my Security+ vaild for?
Your CompTIA Security+ certification is good for three years from the day of your exam.
The CompTIA CE program allows you to extend your certification in three-year intervals through activities and training that relate
to the content of your certification.
What is next after Security+?
Your next level is to earn CSA+
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA+)
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
Security+ Boot Camp Course Outline & Objectives
- Implement security configuration parameters on network devices and other technologies.
- Given a scenario, use secure network administration principles.
- Explain network design elements and components.
- Given a scenario, implement common protocols and services.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot security issues related to wireless networking.
Compliance and Operational Security
- Explain the importance of risk related concepts.
- Summarize the security implications of integrating systems and data with third parties.
- Given a scenario, implement appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Given a scenario, implement basic forensic procedures.
- Summarize common incident response procedures.
- Explain the importance of security related awareness and training.
- Compare and contrast physical security and environmental controls.
- Summarize risk management best practices.
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate control to meet the goals of security.
Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Explain types of malware.
- Summarize various types of attacks.
- Summarize social engineering attacks and the associated effectiveness with each
- Explain types of wireless attacks.
- Explain types of application attacks.
- Analyze a scenario and select the appropriate type of mitigation and deterrent techniques.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate tools and techniques to discover security threats
- Explain the proper use of penetration testing versus vulnerability scanning.
Application, Data and Host Security
- Explain the importance of application security controls and techniques.
- Summarize mobile security concepts and technologies.
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate solution to establish host security.
- Implement the appropriate controls to ensure data security.
- Compare and contrast alternative methods to mitigate security risks in static environments.
Access Control and Identity Management
- Compare and contrast the function and purpose of authentication services.
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate authentication, authorization or access
- Install and configure security controls when performing account management, based
on best practices.
- Given a scenario, utilize general cryptography concepts.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate cryptographic methods.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate PKI, certificate management and associated components.
Security+ Exam Review
- Official Training Camp Value-Add Exam Review
- Official Security+ Certification Exam (Onsite)
Click here to view our online course schedule and receive an instant price