As a CompTIA Platinum Partner, Training Camp has successfully delivered hands-on,
accelerated CompTIA training courses for most major companies, United States Department
of Defense in support of 8570.1, and many IT professionals in the early stages of
their career looking to earn CompTIA A+ certification.
Training Camp pioneered the first exam-focused CompTIA Certification Training Program
"Boot Camp" in 1999, and has since successfully certified thousands of IT Networking
Highest Rated CompTIA A+/Network+ Courseware
Courseware was designed by an extensive team of leading industry authors, subject
matter experts, and courseware designers, constantly incorporating feedback from
our thousands of alumni students.
CompTIA Certified Instructors
We utilize Certified CompTIA instructors who are Subject Matter Experts well-versed
in accelerated learning and exam preparation during our A+/Network+ Boot Camp. Their
delivery accommodates every student's learning needs through individualized instruction,
lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer
Detailed Evening Review & Realistic CompTIA Practice Exams
This zero-distraction, accelerated A+/Network+ exam prepo program includes value-added
evening review sessions & constantly updated practice exam review drills - representative
of the actual exam questions delivered during the official CompTIA 220-801, CompTIA
220-801 and CompTIA N10-006 certification exams.
Hosted Onsite Official CompTIA Exams
We host the official CompTIA A+ Certification and Network+ Certification exams during
the class (on days 4,5,7) for our students. Because the examinations are delivered
as part of the class, our students leave certified, guaranteed.
CompTIA certifications were developed to offer networking professionals a vendor-neutral
credential that validates the technical skills and knowledge needed to succeed in
an IT career.
These skills are required for Service Techs with most companies, recognized by U.S.
Dept. of Defense, and held by 900,000 IT professionals.
With the A+ Certification & Network+ Certification, you will be qualified for specialized
jobs including Technical support specialist, IT support technician, IT support administrator,
and help desk technicians.
Training Camp offers the full spectrum of learning [delivery] options - providing
our customers with end-to-end solutions to assist in achieving education goals.
- Configure and apply BIOS settings.
- Differentiate between motherboard components, their purposes, and properties.
- Compare and contrast RAM types and features.
- Install and configure expansion cards.
- Install and configure storage devices and use appropriate media.
- Differentiate among various CPU types and features and select the appropriate cooling
- Compare and contrast various connection interfaces and explain their purpose.
- Install an appropriate power supply based on a given scenario.
- Evaluate and select appropriate components to meet customer specifications or needs.
- Given a scenario, evaluate types and features of display devices.
- Identify connector types and associated cables.
- Install and configure various peripheral devices.
- Identify types of network cables and connectors.
- Categorize characteristics of connectors and cabling.
- Explain properties and characteristics of TCP/IP.
- Explain common TCP and UDP ports, protocols, and their purpose.
- Compare and contrast wireless networking standards and encryption types.
- Install, configure, and deploy a SOHO wireless/wired router using appropriate settings.
- Compare and contrast Internet connection types and features.
- Identify various types of networks.
- Compare and contrast network devices, their functions, and features.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate networking tools.
- Install and configure laptop hardware and components.
- Compare and contrast the components within the display of a laptop.
- Compare and contrast laptop features.
- Explain the differences between the various printer types and summarize the associated
- Given a scenario, install, and configure printers.
- Given a scenario, perform printer maintenance.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate safety procedures.
- Explain environmental impacts and the purpose of environmental controls.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate proper communication and professionalism.
- Explain the fundamentals of dealing with prohibited content/activity.
- Compare and contrast the features and requirements of various Microsoft Operating
- Given a scenario, install, and configure the operating system using the most appropriate
- Given a scenario, use appropriate command line tools.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate operating system features and tools.
- Given a scenario, use Control Panel utilities.
- Setup and configure Windows networking on a client/desktop.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures using appropriate tools.
- Explain the differences among basic OS security settings.
- Explain the basics of client-side virtualization.
- Apply and use common prevention methods.
- Compare and contrast common security threats.
- Implement security best practices to secure a workstation.
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate data destruction/disposal method.
- Given a scenario, secure a SOHO wireless network.
- Given a scenario, secure a SOHO wired network.
- Explain the basic features of mobile operating systems.
- Establish basic network connectivity and configure email.
- Compare and contrast methods for securing mobile devices.
- Compare and contrast hardware differences in regards to tablets and laptops.
- Execute and configure mobile device synchronization.
- Given a scenario, explain the troubleshooting theory.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common problems related to motherboards, RAM, CPU
and power with appropriate tools.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot hard drives and RAID arrays with appropriate tools.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common video and display issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot wired and wireless networks with appropriate tools.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot operating system problems with appropriate tools.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common security issues with appropriate tools and
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot, and repair common laptop issues while adhering to
the appropriate procedures.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot printers with appropriate tools.
- Compare the layers of the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- Classify how applications, devices, and protocols relate to the OSI model layers.
- Explain the purpose and properties of IP addressing.
- Explain the purpose and properties of routing and switching.
- Identify common TCP and UDP default ports.
- Explain the function of common networking protocols.
- Summarize DNS concepts and its components.
- Given a scenario, implement network troubleshooting methodology.
- Identify virtual network components.
Network Installation and Configuration
- Given a scenario, install and configure routers and switches.
- Given a scenario, install and configure a wireless network.
- Explain the purpose and properties of DHCP.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wireless problems.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common router and switch problems.
- Given a set of requirements, plan and implement a basic SOHO network.
Network Media and Topologies
- Categorize standard media types and associated properties.
- Categorize standard connector types based on network media.
- Compare and contrast different wireless standards.
- Categorize WAN technology types and properties.
- Describe different network topologies.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common physical connectivity problems.
- Compare and contrast different LAN technologies.
- Identify components of wiring distribution.
- Explain the purpose and features of various network appliances.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate hardware tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate software tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate network monitoring resource to analyze traffic.
- Describe the purpose of configuration management documentation.
- Explain different methods and rationales for network performance optimization.
- Given a scenario, implement appropriate wireless security measures.
- Explain the methods of network access security.
- Explain methods of user authentication.
- Explain common threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigation techniques.
- Given a scenario, install and configure a basic firewall.
- Categorize different types of network security appliances and methods.
Click here to view our online course schedule and receive an instant price