Get to Know the Instructor
This course is taught by Georgia Weidman, a penetration tester, security researcher, and expert trainer.
She holds a Master of Science degree in computer science, secure software engineering, and information
security as well as CISSP, CEH, NIST 4011, and OSCP certifications.
Her work in the field of
smartphone exploitation has been featured in print and on television internationally. She has presented
her research at conferences around the world including Shmoocon, Hacker Halted, Security Zone, and
Bsides. Georgia has delivered highly technical security training for conferences, schools, and
corporate clients to excellent reviews.
Building on her experience, Georgia recently founded Bulb
Security LLC, a security consulting firm specializing in security assessments/penetration testing,
security training, and research/development. She was awarded a DARPA Cyber Fast Track grant to continue
her work in mobile device security. She is the creator of the Smartphone Pentest Framework, a tool to
assess the security posture of mobile platforms in corporate environments.
It is recommended that students complete Mobile Security: In-Depth Theory
prior to this course, though it is not required.
Mobile Security: In-Depth Theory Training Camp Features
- Accelerated Learning - With over 11 years of education experience, we focus on the requirements that you need to be successful in your career.
- Flexible, Affordable, Easy-to-Use - This virtual course delivers quality, superior instruction with unmatched simplicity enabling access to state of the art training without the hassle. With the virtual classroom learning experience you get HD video interaction with the instructor.
Developing Secure Mobile Apps
- Smartphone development basics
- Storing data securely
- Avoiding permission leak
- Interacting with other apps and the OS safely
Penetration Testing Mobile Apps
- Examples of apps with security vulnerabilities
- Live analysis of apps
- Disassembling mobile apps
Past Issues with Common Platforms
- Known vulnerabilities in Android versions
- Known vulnerabilities in iPhone versions
- Analysis of available exploit code
- Malicious app samples
- Code analysis
- Live analysis of samples
- Malicious jailbreaks
- Smartphone botnets
Penetration Testing Specific Platforms
- Common issues
- Remote issues
- Client-side attacks
- Social engineering campaigns
- Post exploitation: privilege escalation, information gathering, and remote control
- Using the Smartphone Pentesting Framework (SPF)
Is this Mobile Security Course Right for You?
If you plan to build a career in securing mobile devices, and are looking for the hands-on experience to take your knowledge and skills to the next level, then this is the course for you.