Get to Know the Instructor
This course is taught by Georgia Weidman, a penetration tester, security researcher, and expert trainer.
She holds a Master of Science degree in computer science, secure software engineering, and information
security as well as CISSP, CEH, NIST 4011, and OSCP certifications.
Her work in the field of
smartphone exploitation has been featured in print and on television internationally. She has presented
her research at conferences around the world including Shmoocon, Hacker Halted, Security Zone, and
Bsides. Georgia has delivered highly technical security training for conferences, schools, and
corporate clients to excellent reviews.
Building on her experience, Georgia recently founded Bulb
Security LLC, a security consulting firm specializing in security assessments/penetration testing,
security training, and research/development. She was awarded a DARPA Cyber Fast Track grant to continue
her work in mobile device security. She is the creator of the Smartphone Pentest Framework, a tool to
assess the security posture of mobile platforms in corporate environments.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Mobile Security: In-Depth Theory Training Camp Features
- Accelerated Learning - With over 11 years of education experience, we focus on the requirements that you need to be successful in your career.
- Flexible, Affordable, Easy-to-Use - This virtual course delivers quality, superior instruction with unmatched simplicity enabling access to state of the art training without the hassle. With the virtual classroom learning experience you get HD video interaction with the instructor.
Threats to Mobile Devices
- Remote attacks
- Client-Side attacks
- Social engineering
- Malicious SMS
- Mobile modem security
- Local privilege escalation issues
Overview of Security Architectures (with Android and iPhone)
- Application sandboxing
- Play/App Store
- Application permission model
- Security-related Android Linux kernel changes
- Additional security measures introduced in later versions (whole disk encryption, ASLR, DEP, etc.)
- Developer Standards
- Code signing requirements
Mobile Devices in the Workplace
- Bring Your Own Device
- MDM solutions
- On device restricting apps
- User awareness training for smartphone security
Is this Mobile Security Course Right for You?
If you plan to build a career in securing mobile devices, and are looking for a foundational-level course to get you started, then this is the course for you.