Whether you want to learn new technology, gain certification, or simply improve
your marketability, Training Camp can help you achieve your training goals. Upon
successful completion of this course, students will earn two (2) official Microsoft
certifications and the knowledge and skills to successfully design and plan business
intelligence (BI) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 BI tools.
This SQL Server BI program is designed to assist you in gaining a level of proficiency
that can only be taught through hands-on labs, simulations, and the real-world application
of skills. Our intensive, instructor-led course equips students with valuable knowledge
and skills that directly transfer from the classroom to the workplace.
For newer SQL Server 2012 certifications, view our full list of
Microsoft course offerings.
Students should have a minimum of one year of experience working with databases,
with basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Design a Business Intelligence (BI) architecture in SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for implementing the extract, transform, load (ETL) process by
using SQL Server 2008 Integration Services (SSIS).
- Design a strategy for managing packages by using SSIS.
- Design an online analytical processing (OLAP) solution architecture by using SQL
Server 2008 Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Design a physical storage for an OLAP solution by using SSAS.
- Design an administration and maintenance strategy for an SSAS solution.
- Design effective queries for an OLAP solution by using SSAS.
- Design and develop a SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (SSRS) solution architecture.
- Design a strategy for deploying and managing an SSRS solution architecture.
- Design data mining solutions by using SQL Server 2008
This Course Includes the Following Microsoft Exams:
- Exam 70-448: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and
- Exam 70-452: PRO: Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure Using Microsoft
SQL Server 2008
Walk Away with the Following Certifications:
- MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance
- MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008
SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence Developer Training Camp Features
- Accelerated Learning - With over 11 years of IT training experience,
we remove the fluff and focus on the requirements you will need to be successful
not only in the exams, but in your career.
- Customized Courseware - Using the most current Microsoft Official
Courseware, in combination with our proprietary exam preparation kits, gives you
everything you need for industry-recognized certification.
- Microsoft Certified, Expert Instructors - The cornerstone for the
success of a high-quality training program is the instructor's ability to translate
complex technical theories into understandable concepts and applied knowledge. Our
instructors are technical experts who care about your success and will work with
you toward your specific training goals.
- Certification Guarantee - We protect your investment with our mentoring
programs and value-added post class support.
- On-Site Testing - As an authorized testing center, Training Camp
delivers the Microsoft exams during our training program, so you will walk away
with full certification.
- Strategic Partnerships - As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner,
we have demonstrated our expertise as the leading provider of comprehensive learning
solutions on Microsoft technologies, resulting in customer satisfaction among individuals
and companies that choose us for training.
Is this Course Right for You?
Candidates for this course are IT professionals who have jobs in which reporting
is their main area of responsibility, or who work in environments in which databases
are central to their primary job roles. Accurate business intelligence often equals
competitive advantage in today's market.
Available Training Delivery Methods
- Instructor-Led Classroom Training (above): This learning format
is ideal for individuals who learn best in a structured, hands-on, question-and-answer
environment. This format can be equally suitable for those starting on a new career
path or IT professionals who have advanced certifications. If you prefer interacting
in a classroom setting, consider this format.
- Customized Training
Brought to You. Training Camp can customize any of our training courses to best
fit your business requirements, and then deliver them to you at the location of
Online Training: If you already work with these technologies, you may want to
complement your skills with self-paced online learning. While taking the online
course, you can apply what you learn and go back to previous exercises in the course
to reinforce your knowledge. This format is appropriate for candidates who prefer
to learn on their own and possess the self-discipline necessary to do so.